Saturday, September 11, 2010

Breaking The Habit

I don't want to be the one
The battles always choose
Cause inside I realize
That I'm the one confused
I don't know what's worth fighting for
Or why I have to scream
I don't know why I instigate
And say what I don't mean
I don't know how I got this way
I know it's not alright
So I'm Breaking the habit
I'm breaking the habit Tonight

These are some of the lines of song “Breaking the Habit” written by “Linkin Park”. Do these lines signify the reality which we face every day? Do they come to our mind only when we are in trouble, shattered from all sides, completely lost in despair, no one to help for and believing that this is the worst face in your life?

The answer is “Yes”.

But I would like to ask one more question “Why do you not to MAKE IT A HABIT?” Your obvious answers are I have done enough of this, now I want to have fun, now I want to enjoy my life to the fullest, how much more should I struggle....etc. I completely agree to your answers because I too think the same. But let’s answer a few questions.

1) Which victory do you enjoy the most? The one fought with a good opponent or the one fought with a weak one?

2) On which success you joy reaches no bound? The one which is achieved very easily or the one in which you failed a lot of times but continued to struggle for it and finally achieved it.

3) Does Happiness have any meaning in life without Sorrows that you get?

So if you enjoy the most when you fought hard, when you struggled hard and when you got happiness by going through times of despair and sorrow so why do want to break the habit. Because if you break that you would lose the things that you want i.e. enjoyment, fun and happiness. The happiest people in the world are not those who have no problems, but those who learn to live with things that are less than perfect. It may sound philosophical but it’s true. Try to hold sand near seashore into your hands, the more tightly you try to hold it the more it slips from your hand. You need to hold it gently. What does this signify? The harder you try the harder the destiny hits you. You must be wise enough to try and this wisdom often comes from FAILURE. So try, fail. Again try, improve. Again try Succeed. So try things, learn them and achieve what you want.

Last three lines to gist the conclusion:

“If u want something you never had do something you have never done
Don’t go the way life takes you take the Life the way you go
And remember you are born to live and not living because you are born.”

Do you now want to Break the Habit or Start Making the Habit tonight? If you want to make it start it by saying this:

I feared LIFE until I experienced its BEAUTY.

I feared DEATH until I realized that it's not an end, but a BEGINNING.

I feared my DESTINY, until I realized that I had the power to GRAB it.

No comments: